The portfolio of techniques that we use can be applied to a variety of soft matter systems, with the aim of rational design of new materials. Examples include packing of nano-objects, aggregation of polymers and nanoparticles with various interactions, self-assembly on elastic manifolds, and particle arrangment in thermal gradients.
- P. Wirnsberger, D. Fijan, R. A. Lightwood, A. Šarić, C. Dellago and D. Frenkel. Numerical evidence for thermally induced monopoles. arXiv:1610.06840 (2016).
- P. Wirnsberger, D. Fijan, A. Šarić, M. Neumann, C. Dellago and D. Frenkel. Non-equilibrium simulations of thermally induced electric fields in water. J. Chem. Phys 144, 224102 (2016).
- A. Šarić and A. Cacciuto. Soft elastic surfaces as a platform for particle self-assembly. Soft Matter 7, 8324 (2011).
- A. Šarić and A. Cacciuto. Particle self-assembly on soft elastic shells. Soft Matter 7, 1874 (2011).
- A. Šarić§, B. Bozorgui§, and A. Cacciuto. Packing of soft asymmetric dumbbells. J. Phys. Chem. B 115, 7173 (2010). (On the cover of the special issue “Clustering in Complex Fluids“.)
- A. Šarić, J. C. Pàmies, and A. Cacciuto. Effective elasticity of a flexible filament bound to a deformable cylindrical surface. Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 226101 (2010).