Biological and Soft Matter Physics
We model biological machinery in healthy and diseased states using approaches from soft matter physics and statistical mechanics. We sit in physics and biology departments, and work closely with experimental colleagues. Our current interests include cell reshaping and cutting by active filaments, protein assembly under chemical and mechanical gradients, and pathological amyloid aggregation.
- 11/19 New publication in BMC Biology
- 08/19 We’re collaborators on the newly awarded VW “Life?” grant to study evolution of vesicle trafficking
- 06/19 Review on our taste in simulations is out
- 03/19 Lena’s paper is on bioRxiv
- 02/19 Alex’s paper is on bioRxiv